At the request of my sister-in-law, I am posting this complete recipe. This is a gourmet breakfast that anyone can enjoy. It is gluten-free, starch-free and sugar-free. Probably more for moms than kids… this breakfast includes scrambled eggs and cheese topped with sauteed mushrooms and spinach, slathered in hollandaise and wrapped up in coconut flour crepes. Yum!
Yield: 3 filled crepes
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup fresh, washed baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup chopped or sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 cooked, warmed crepes (see Coconut Flour Crepes)
1/2 cup warmed Hollandaise Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Prepare the crepes and Hollandaise sauce in advance and as directed using the links to the recipes above. You can keep them warm in an oven or toaster oven while you prepare the filling.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter on medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown. Add spinach and a dash of water. Cover and remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a separate skillet on medium heat. Whisk eggs, milk and cheese in a small bowl. Cook eggs in skillet, stirring often until cooked through.
4. Arrange warmed crepes open on a large plate. Spoon 1/3 of the eggs onto each crepe. Add 1/3 of mushroom and spinach on top of eggs. Drizzle Hollandaise and add salt and pepper if desired. Fold over each crepe and serve warm. Enjoy!
This is a fast and easy way to perk up pork chops with just a few sugar-free, starch-free ingredients. Pictured above with a green salad and mashed cauliflower.
For best results, serve this in a bowl, as it tends to turn out a bit runnier than traditional potatoes. However, the taste of these fake potatoes trumps consistency any day. This side dish goes well with pork chops, turkey meat loaf, or grilled chicken breasts.
You won’t miss a thing with this juicy, low-fat and starch-free version of the traditional recipe. Serve with mashed cauliflower, steamed veggies and a garden salad.
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F. Do not use muffin cups for this recipe, as the macaroons will stick to the paper. Grease muffin tins generously with coconut oil.
(A Gluten-Free recipe)