A variation of Breakfast Crepes (to debut in my recipe book), this breakfast is fortified with ground flax and whey protein powder, subs plain yogurt for coconut milk and includes warmed nectarines as a topping. Sucraid required! Only try this recipe while symptom free.
Yield: 10, 4 inch pancakes
1/4 cup blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons organic ground flax seed
2 tablespoons whey protein powder (without sucrose or starch fillers)
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, nutmeg or cinnamon
2 fresh nectarines, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
honey and sour cream
Butter or coconut oil for cooking
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor aside from the butter for cooking. Blend on high for one minute.
2. Heat a 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat. When a dab of butter sizzles, pan is hot enough.
3. Place nectarines, and a drizzle of honey in a small sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until warmed.
4. Pour approximately two tablespoons of batter into pan. Cook until bubbly and edges begin to brown. Almond flour browns very easily, so a dark brown pancake is normal and does not taste burnt.
5. Carefully flip pancake, cooking second side for just a few seconds. Slide onto a cool plate. Repeat until batter is gone, or cook amount of pancakes desired and refrigerate batter for up to 3 days.
6. Serve warm, topped with nectarines and a dollup of sour cream if desired.