Great as a lunch or as a side to soup, these mini-grilled cheese sandwiches are made with gluten-free almond bread and are extremely filling.
Yield: 3 sandwiches
6 thin slices of almond bread
3 square sliced medium cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1. Heat skillet on medium heat.
2. Spread butter on one side of each slice of almond bread.
3. Place three slices of bread, butter-side down onto heated skillet.
4. Break up cheese slices and divide evenly on top of bread.
5. Place remaining three slices of bread on top of cheese, butter-side up.
6. Cook until cheese begins to melt and bread is browned on the bottom.
7. Flip carefully (you may wish to use tongs). Cook second side until brown and crispy.
8. Serve warm with grape tomatoes on the side.