You will want to add this recipe to your list of weekly “batch bake” items. Several recipes call for using almond bread, so having this already baked, cooled and sliced will save you time and give you more freedom in using last-minute recipes calling for almond bread.
Yield: 4 3×6 inch loaves
3 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 Tablespoons Ener-Gbaking powder (OR 3 teaspoons baking soda)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C. Generously grease mini loaf pans with coconut oil or butter.
2. Sift together almond flour, sea salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and blend well with a wire whisk or electric mixer.
4. Divide batter evenly among bread pans.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Cool compeletly on wire racks before slicing. Store in airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Use for tuna melts, French toast, grilled cheese or any other meal or snack normally calling for traditional bread.