In recent weeks, I have been contacted by several parents regarding diet suggestions for their specific child. Some of you I have been corresponding with for some time. Others are new to our CSID conversation. I am writing this post in hopes you will all respond for two purposes.
To help me out in remembering specifics about you and your child.
To help other parents see they are not alone in their CSID journey.
What I need is for you to respond as a comment to this post and leave the following information:
1) Your first name, the state or country where you live.
2) Your child’s first name, their age when diagnosed, their current age and birthday.
3) The Group your child falls under. If unknown, just type “group unknown”
4) If your child uses or has access to Sucraid.(Yes, uses Sucraid or No access to Sucraid). If no access, please specify why (no insurance, doctor has not prescribed, etc.)
5) Any other dietary limitations your child currently has (no eggs, dairy, etc.)
6) Finally, you and your child’s favorite recipe and why.
Here is mine to get you started:
Parker, age 18 months at diagnosis, age 7 today. Birthday 03/04/04.
Elora, age 15 at diagnosis, age 18 today. Birthday 011/23/93.
Both children Group B/C (Parker was on Group A foods only for first 2 years after diagnosis)
Both children use Sucraid with every meal and snack when possible.
No other dietary limitations. (Although Parker went of dairy during peak malabsorption periods.)
Parker loves coconut flour crepes and knox blox because they taste like dessert.
I love smoothies since they are easy and filling!
I would also like to remind you that all parents who assist me with this information and other feedback will qualify for a discount once A Place to Start: CSID Recipes and More is published in paperback form. I am looking into ways to provide the ebook copy at little or no charge as well, but at this time I am unable to do so.