This recipe is intended for symptom-free Group B or Group C individuals. Please check with your dietitian if you are not certain which group you or your child fall under. If you are simply looking for a gluten-free alternative, this recipe is simple and satisfies a sweet tooth! You may choose to omit walnuts if desired. Please make sure bananas are ripe as shown in the picture to keep total starch content to a minimum.
Yield: 12 muffins
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 extra-ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G baking powder (use 3/4 teaspoon if substituting regular baking powder)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 310˚F . Line 12-count muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
2. Blend eggs, honey, butter and bananas with electric mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, salt and almond flour. Add egg mixture and mix well. Add walnuts if desire
4. Scoop mixture into muffin cups using ice-cream scoop.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes or until muffins are dark golden brown.
6. Serve warm with butter or cream cheese.