(Please note this recipe is for Group C, or those who are able to have some starch. Check with your doctor to determine if Sucraid should be taken with this recipe)
Yield: 12-15 muffins
4 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
2 teaspoons Ener-G Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup honey or 3/4 cup crystalline fructose
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tins with lightly oiled paper muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger with a wooden spoon.
3. In electric mixing bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks form.
4. Using electric beaters, or mixer, combine eggs yolks, butter, pumpkin, vanilla and honey until well blended.
5. Add almond flour mixture until moist. Add optional walnuts and raisins.
6. Gently fold in egg whites.
7. Scoop into prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center muffin comes out clean. You may need to loosely cover tops of muffins toward the end of baking to prevent over-browning.
8. Serve with melted butter or cream cheese if desired.