Yield: 4 servings
1 can (6 ounce) Albacore tuna (no soy or broth added)
2 tablespoons homemade yogurt or mayonaise
1 garden fresh tomato, sliced
4 slices Havarti cheese (lactose free)
8 slices coconut bread or almond bread
OR 4 slices sprouted grain bread (Alvarado St.California Style Complete Protein pictured above contains about 12 grams of starch per slice)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425◦F or use a stoneware or glass tray in the toaster oven.
2. Drain water from tuna can, and scoop tuna into a small bowl. Add the yogurt and mix well.
3. Lightly toast bread in toaster oven or toaster and place slices side by side on a lightly buttered cookie sheet.
4. Divide tuna into equal portions and spread onto the toasted bread. Top with a slice each of cheese and tomato.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sprouts and enjoy with fresh fruit.